Zoeken in deze blog

dinsdag 28 augustus 2012

Apple pancakes, Ijeoma style

This afternoon I'm away 'till after dinner. So if I wanted some warm food at home, I had to take care of it by myself. For some reason, I had a huge craving for pancakes*. 


* In Belgium, we usually mean crêpes when we say pancakes. 
They are thin, larger and less fluffy than the American ones.

It was lunchtime, and I started baking, and I shared the dough that I made for at least 8 pancakes with my mum and grandmother (who came in at just the right time ^^).

As there were these good apples, I made apple pancakes. And I added some cinnamon powder to the dough to match the flavour of the apple. 

Ingredients for 8 large apple pancakes:
- 200 grams flour
- 500 ml milk
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 or 3 large apples
- butter
- icing sugar
- blueberry jam

How to:
Make the dough for the pancakes by putting the flour and the salt in a bowl. Mix these well.
Then add half of the milk and an egg. Stir carefully so that all the flour gets wet. This makes lumbs less likely. 
Add the rest of the milk and the second egg. Keep stirring until the dough is as smooth as possible. 
Mix the cinnamon powder to the dough.
Peel the apples and slice them thinly. 
Heat a low-rimmed skillet and add some butter to it.
Bake the sliced apple pieces (enough for one pancake, not all of them at once!) until just tender.


Pour the pancake dough onto the apples in the skillet. Now you should wait until the downside has browned and dried enough before you turn the pancake upside down.


When the pancake is ready, put it on a plate and serve with dollops of blueberry jam and lots of icing sugar.



This is such an easy thing to make, and even though it costs next to nothing to prepare it, it can compete with any pastry!

Smakelijk!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten